Latest Event Updates
Welcome! Life at Tierra Nueva during COVID is like life anywhere, and unlike life anywhere. We wear masks when called for, and unmask if socially distanced or with our ‘pods.’ We chase after our little ones, enjoy Saturday night socially distanced picnics on our central Green. We are grateful to have a supportive community where we can still connect.
There is so much to learn about cohousing, a lifestyle very different than most neighborhoods. If you’re already familiar with the cohousing philosophy (including consensus-based decision-making, contributions of time to the community, and shared resources), and you’re interested in learning more about this particular community, you’re in the right place!
You’ll learn a lot about Tierra Nueva cohousing on the pages of this website, but please feel free to contact us if you’d like to visit or if you have questions.
Visit our Facebook Group
Freespins is a unique slot machine that can be played online only. It is not a normal slot machine where you spin the reels and hope that you get a payout. Instead, you spin for your money in the hopes that you will get a payout. Once you get the “Spin” key, you then have a choice of what denomination of spins you would like to have. The only time that you will be able to have more spins is when you play all three sizes of freespools.
In freespins online casino, you will spin the reels for free without spending any money. This means that whether you have Free spins on a single game or more, you still stand to make at least some money. There are some games that also allow Free Spin bonuses round the freespins. These bonus rounds allow you to double your norgescÃ¥sino.com initial investment or triple your original investment. These are exciting times for all casinos and all freespins as well.
As previously mentioned, Free Spins is available round the clock and all players can use them without spending any money at all. The great thing about Freespins is that it does not require any kind of deposit or credit card information. There is no need to wait for approval of the online casino players account just to place an order for a Free Spin. All you need is an internet connection and a computer with a web browser. If you are confident that you know how to spin the freespins, then you should click the “Spin” button once you have placed your order. It is quick and easy to win your Free Spins back if you do not know how to win the spins.
Aside from maybe a hot summer day basking in the sun with neighbors on the Village Green, nothing beats the holiday season in cohousing. Here are our annual rituals, starting with Halloween and ending with New Year’s Day…
If you’ve attended a Progressive Dinner, then you know how enjoyable it is to walk from home to home, enjoying different foods and surprises. Our Halloween night here at Tierra Nueva cohousing starts with an appetizer at home #1, a salad next, main course at the third home, and finally dessert. Halloween progressive dinners are not only a chance to socialize and spread good scary cheer, but we also get to show off our Halloween costumes!
Of course, the children go trick-or-treating around the community as night falls!
About Thanksgiving dinner, Alicia says, “this year our Thanksgiving Potluck was so special! I just loved the energy. Some of our members went off to visit friends and family members out of town, while many or our residents gathered in our common house and brought their family members and dear friends to join in. It was such a warm feeling for us all to get to know each other more. I was one who had dinner else where, while my dear partner, Phillip, ate dinner at Tierra Nueva. We both had fun in our different ways. The gathering of folks from here and beyond in gratitude gave a particularly sweet dimension to meals at TN!”
Our holiday party rocks! We get together for white elephant gift giving, and sometimes Santa Claus shows up!
Polar Bear Dip January 1
“The polar dip is epic! It sets the tone for an adventurous and fun-filled year!” -Maren
Each Monday from 4:30 to 5:30 we have a visiting yoga instructor teaching in our studio (known as the “Gudren Hus”)
Richard Manuputy is a native of Amsterdam and moved to Los Angeles in 1964. He has practiced yoga since 1975. This is when he became a disciple of Paramahansa Yogananda, author of the yoga classic “Autobiography of a Yogi” and founder of the Self Realization Fellowship. Richard also spent three years in the Anada Yoga Community in Nevada City, California, where he studied Asana yoga. In 2005, Richard spent a month in India undergoing Pancha Karma, a yogic detoxification program.
Richard is co-owner of Peaceful Planet Images in Los Osos, California.
Join us on Mondays at 4:30 for yoga with Richard! ($10-$12 donation)
Cohousing life involves challenges and growth opportunities, all of which are discovered over time. But talk with residents here and you’ll soon learn that we love living in Tierra Nueva in spite of the hard work of “coho” life. Let’s talk about six reasons you’ll love living in Tierra Nueva:
1. You’ll have a built-in social life. Chances are you’ll make friends easily in cohousing. Between regular meals, landscape work, teams and business meetings, there is ample time to make connections.
2. You’ll contribute your skills/interests to a large group of people. Love gardening, cooking or even cleaning? Teaching children knitting? Bring them to Tierra Nueva! You’ll have a group setting that probably will welcome your skills and apply them.
3. People will cook for you! Cohousing communities pride themselves in having common meals where people get together maybe once, twice or three times a week in the community’s common house. Here at Tierra Nueva, we cook or clean once a month and eat a bunch of times! What a deal! Common meals are one of the things that keep cohousing communities vibrant and connected.
4. You’ll have a say in decision making. Understand the concepts of consensus? Different cohousing communities have different interpretations of consensus, but the bottom line is everyone needs to agree on a proposal for it to pass. Remember, you need to come from the standpoint of what’s best for your community, not what’s best for yourself.
5. You’ll be exposed to different perspectives and different generations. This might not be a benefit in your opinion! But in the long run, learning to work with differences, whether it’s backgrounds or ages, is a good thing. Being a help to an elder, getting to know a 3-year-old, learning about why someone is vegan, disagreeing about where the laundry line should go – these are all learning experiences that we all should have. Living close to these differences is what makes our relationships so special. Difficult sometimes but incredibly special.
6. Location, location, location!Tierra Nueva is located close to the beach, close to a walking trail, next door to a beautiful eucalyptus grove, just 20 minutes from San Luis Obispo’s hiking trails, and half way between Los Angeles and San Francisco. It’s beautiful here!
Each day I walk through Tierra Nueva Cohousing and drink in the benefits: a beautiful landscape, perfect weather, neighbors I like (and some I love), and a layout that feels safe. Every cohousing community has its benefits – and I encourage you to learn more.